12 Simple Game Day Food Ideas

It’s almost time for the biggest game of the year (so far).  Who are you rooting for?  We live in the midwest but I am married to a man that grew up in the Joe Montana era so I guess we will cheer for the game day food, commercials, and the halftime show.   I don’t know about you but the game day menu is almost as important as the game itself.  Here are some simple game day food ideas to serve your big game day fans!

Game Day Appetizers

Sweet BBQ Meatballs

These deliciously sweet and savory bbq meatballs are so simple to make.  Mix up the 3 ingredients and cook in the slow cooker.  No one will believe how easy they are to make.

Easy Peasy Pizza Bread

Easy Peasy Pizza Bread Recipe

This is a fan favorite around here and a perfect addition to your game day spread.  Whip it up in under 10 minutes and bake for 30 minutes.  Cut into slices and dip into marinara sauce.  See the full, simple recipe here.

Garlic Bread Pizza

frozen garlic bread pizza recipe

Another simple pizza inspired classic. Load up your favorite pizza ingredients on top of some garlic bread and cook for 15 minutes.  Slice and serve.  Get the full recipe here.

Baked Mexican Dip

Who doesn’t love a Mexican dip?  Make this simple baked Mexican dip ahead and pop it in the oven right before the game.  It also reheats well.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Spinach Artichoke Dip is always a fan favorite served with bread or tortilla chips.  This easy spinach artichoke dip is just 6 ingredients so its super simple to whip up before the big game.

Apple Nachos

Looking for a healthier option?  Try an apple nacho bar.  Slice up some apples and serve it with a few toppings.  Your guests will be raving about this delicious snack.

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Speaking of healthy but oh so good, you need to make this simple black bean and corn salsa.  A great way to get some vegetables in your game day spread.

Game Day Meal Ideas

Walking Tacos

Recreate a stadium staple at home with a walking taco bar for the big game.  Prepare all the fixings ahead of time and your guests can make their own walking tacos just how they like it.

Classic Chili

Is there anything that screams game day more than a big pot of chili?  Perfect for a crowd and a cold day.  Try this super simple classic chili.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

Hearty like chili but with a Mexican twist, it makes a big batch so perfect for a crew watching the big game.  Get the full recipe here.

Game Day Dessert Ideas

Magic Bars

These magic bars are good they are mouth-wateringly good!  Layer on chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut with a graham cracker crust and you have a game-winning dessert for your next party.

Andes Mint Cookies Recipe

Ande’s Mint Cookies

These cookies are so delicious, make a bunch and are always a crowd favorite.  Who doesn’t love the mint and chocolate combo?  Check out the full recipe here.

Ice Cream Pie

Do you know some ice cream lovers?  Try this ice cream pie.  Easier to transfer and a fun party treat.  This easy ice cream pie recipe is easy to make but always brings cheers.  Get the full recipe here.

Just Remember…

A good rule of thumb when hosting is to cook 30% and buy pre-made the other 70%.  My Grandma always told me a candy bar tastes great on a silver platter so when in doubt, buy something and keep it simple.  That’s the name of my game and I am sticking to it!

What are you serving for game day?  Do you host a party? 

Need help with meal planning?

I wrote down this recipe along with the rest of my meal ideas for the week in the Simple Purposeful Living 52-week meal planner.  Get yours here.   Join the Meal Plan Simple on Purpose group on Facebook for more meal planning ideas and support.  Join here.

Until next time keep on keeping on with a simple purposeful life!

Let’s Connect | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest

 

**This Post Contains Affiliate Links**

Copyright © 2021 · Theme by 17th Avenue

%d bloggers like this: